Prev: Re: New Bug miniatures (Bug PA) Next: Re: Inviting the Narns for tea, was Re: Outrim Coalition

Re: [OT] Storing Minis [LST] Repeats

From: devans@u...
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 09:09:39 -0600
Subject: Re: [OT] Storing Minis [LST] Repeats

Well, I got Jon's note twice, which has been happening a few times
lately.
Alan Brain, for instance. Anyone else?

When EE(tm) sold the inserts for Dosokil's(sp?) larger pistol cases, I
bought a couple. I've since bought two of the whole cases cheap($25US
plus
shippage) off eBay out of Canada. I think they list either $35 or $40.

Expect the Games Workshop part to be covered with Valhalla and Squats
soon.
The eagle offers many good opportunites.

Two slight problems with these: a) figs rotate 90 degrees between the
cases
being open and in the carrying mode, b) the open cell can be abrasive to
paint. Both are less problem than some have illuded; it helps to put
28mm
figs on their 'back' upside down, so they land on their 'feet' when the
case is upright. Trust me, this almost makes sense.

There's another newer item known as an Army Transport, with scored
chunk-removable short and tall foam trays (similar to the thin solid
bottoms and pierced thicker tops)inserts. The shell is fabric, with side
pocket, and the whole thing carries a heck of a lot, with the items
staying
upright.

Someday, my perfect case will be a plastic tackle box, with magnetic
sheets
on the bottoms of the trays. The areas will have thin, closed cell
plastic
for the really nasty times that figs may shift. Also, the figs will have
non-magnetic steel disks in the bases, so I don't have to worry about
where
I'm slinging magnets.

Two last notes, and I hope we can put this topic to rest. Current Ogre
figs
are coming in video boxes filled with foam, and I know it wasn't the
first.
You'll have to think carefully about larger or large limbed items.

I've a 'vanity case' that will someday transport units. The large open
area
in the bottom will have padding for vehicles, and the top will have the
'perfect case' treatment for troops. Of course, I've got it mostly
disassembled prepatory for a really grim paint job. Maybe a few details
added outside to suggest a drop ship.

I also thought there was no further need for mirror.

Prev: Re: New Bug miniatures (Bug PA) Next: Re: Inviting the Narns for tea, was Re: Outrim Coalition