Prev: Re: Inviting the Narns for tea, was Re: Outrim Coalition Next: Re: [OT] Storing Minis [LST] Repeats

Re: New Bug miniatures (Bug PA)

From: johncrim@v...
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 09:34:23 -0500
Subject: Re: New Bug miniatures (Bug PA)

> > Well, I like 'em.  I like the sluggy ones better than the ones with
the
> legs -- the legs
> > don't look quite right to me.  It's kind of hard to make out some of
the
> details of the
> > infantry; do they have legs, or the same kind of "foot" as most of
the
> vehicles?  I'd
> > prefer the latter, myself.
>
> No my sculpting ability is not quite at the point of legs :) At least
not at
> that scale.
> The infantry end in the same slug like base as the vehicles.
>
> The vehicles with legs should fit since the leg ends in a slug type
foot
> (erm :)
> The legs ones will look better when assembled (hint for Tony :) The
picture
> of the legged bugs doesn't show the leg they will be bits to stick on.

I feel better about those vehicles, then!  I was assuming that those
stubby little
projections on the undersided *were* the legs.	Instead, the legs would
be glued
in-between them, right?

> > Personally, I like seeing someting *different* when it comes to
> miniatures.  These bugs
> > certainly qualify, and they look like they'd be fun to paint as
well.

> Funny Brigade used the term different when they first saw them!
>
> >Give me some Bug PA
>
> Bug PA hmmmm well the infantry are my weak spot but I'll give it a go.
> Maybe a smaller version of the Infantry walker.

It's always nice to have some PA.  An AA vehicle of some sort is also
good, but I think
that a few of the designs that you already have could be used that way.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim

      http://www.voicenet.com/webmail/

Prev: Re: Inviting the Narns for tea, was Re: Outrim Coalition Next: Re: [OT] Storing Minis [LST] Repeats