Prev: RE: Relative Power of Nations Next: Re: WotW (M Word)

Re: Relative Power of Nations

From: Edward Lipsett <translation@i...>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 10:32:17 +0900
Subject: Re: Relative Power of Nations

Interesting comment, there...
is your population model available to the general public somewhere?

Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

> If you want to send me the rough details of what you think carrying
capacity
> for your planet would be (based on what you've said probably about 100
> billion), how commone "natural disatsers" are, how common disease is,
if
> they have any major wars (and if yes when... e.g. ones vs your bugs),
what
> conditions etc are on the colonies and when each was founded I'll run
it
> through my population model for you. Its not as polished as it could
be
> (e.g. only follows total population and yearly time-steps), but it'll
give
> you a pretty good idea of the projected population size based on
current
> theories and practice in population modelling.

=====
Books that you may carry to the fire, and hold readily in
one hand, are the most useful after all.
- Samuel Johnson
=====
Edward Lipsett
Intercom, Ltd.
Fukuoka, Japan
translation@intercomltd.com
http://www.intercomltd.com
Tel: +81-92-712-9120
Fax: +81-92-712-9220

Prev: RE: Relative Power of Nations Next: Re: WotW (M Word)