Prev: Re: OT-Stars and planets and such Next: Re: Relative Power of Nations

RE: Relative Power of Nations

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 12:21:21 +1100
Subject: RE: Relative Power of Nations

G'day Jaime,

>I'm working on the specs for my new race
>and I'm trying to figure
>relative strength to human nations. ...
<snip stats>
>...Now these are all powers that eminated
>from Earth and therefore have a more limited
>population base then say an entire race
>even if they're limited to currently 4 systems.
>
>Working on the vision that you have an entire planet...
>
>Where would you rate this in power...

If you want to send me the rough details of what you think carrying
capacity
for your planet would be (based on what you've said probably about 100
billion), how commone "natural disatsers" are, how common disease is, if
they have any major wars (and if yes when... e.g. ones vs your bugs),
what
conditions etc are on the colonies and when each was founded I'll run it
through my population model for you. Its not as polished as it could be
(e.g. only follows total population and yearly time-steps), but it'll
give
you a pretty good idea of the projected population size based on current
theories and practice in population modelling.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: OT-Stars and planets and such Next: Re: Relative Power of Nations