Prev: Re: Hmmm.... Was Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers) Next: Re: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

Re: Hmmm.... Was Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 09:50:02 -0800
Subject: Re: Hmmm.... Was Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

Interesting, thanks for the update.  I'll certainly include them, and as

I've pointed out, North America is where the MAJORITY of the CNP's
population will come from.  The South American Angle is mostly a ploy by
the
NAC to drum up further support for the idea among Indians AND tweak the
tail
of the LLAR at the same time.  The inclusion of South American tribes
will
be minimal.

Brian

"The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which psychoanalysis
is
of no use."

				 - S. Freud

>From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@speakeasy.net>
>To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
>Subject: Re: Hmmm.... Was Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)
>Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 23:02:19 -0800
>
>Something to note in planning a "Native American" splinter group is a
>demographic shift in the Great Plains states. According to newspaper
>reports (SF Chronicle, July), the N.A. population in about 6 states is
>moving towards a majority. Farms are failing, reservations are becoming
>more self sufficient and so in 10-15 years a handful of states will
have
>an NA majority. There's your splinter group - they'll have several US
>Senators and a dozen or so Representatives in Congress in the not so
>distant future.
>
>K.H.Ranitzsch wrote:

Kechua
>>and Guarani is positve and substantial.
>>
>>>We  encourage Native tribes from the LLAR (eg Miskitos, Yanomami) to
join

>>as  well."
>>
>>Ofcourse, in such a diverse universe, there is enough opportunity for
some
>>groups to settle their own worlds :-)
>>
>>>(These LLAR Indians would be used in LLAR mostly for slave labor, I'm
>>>
>>guessing).
>>
>>A pretty wild guess - do I detect some anti-Latino bias here ? -
Slavery
>>has
>>been outlawed in Latin America, like everywhere else, since the 19th
>>century. Harsh labour conditions do exist in places, admittedly.
Whether