Prev: Re: Boringness and Scots Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] GZG announcement!

Re: Basques in Spaaaaaace and the NFR

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 02:35:55 -0500
Subject: Re: Basques in Spaaaaaace and the NFR

On Fri, 2 Nov 2001 16:58:51 -0500, "Tomb" <kaladorn@fox.nstn.ca> wrote:

>But who would occupy these planets who would dislike the FSE
government?
>I was thinking of all the people who might be candidates. Basques,
>Quebecois, some other French militants. Some classic Spaniards. People
>from Lousianna perhaps?

Incredibly unlikely on the Louisiana part. Louisiana has been pretty
much
assimilated. I'm not sure of the percentages, but a lot of Louisianans
have no
ties to France or the Acadians. There were large influxes of Germans,
Irish,
and other nationalities in the early 1800s. More recently, the Hispanic
population (particularly on the border with Texas) is on the increase.

Those Cajuns that still identify themselves as such are almost entirely
Americans with a justifiably proud heritage. While there may be the
occasional
hold out, the vast majority consider themselves American first, Southern
second, and Cajun third (okay... quite a few of them would switch the
order of
#1 and #2).

Oh, one other thing. Remember if you do come up with starship designs
for the
Basque spaceships for 25mm SG2 or FMAS games, you must have plenty of
escape
pods. Never, under any circumstances, should you put all of your Basques
in
one exit.

*duck*

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,
   "Jack B. Quick, Boy Inventor"

Prev: Re: Boringness and Scots Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] GZG announcement!