Prev: Re: RE: Powers That Be Next: Re: FT.... my 0.02

Re: Powers That Be

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 15:01:40 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Powers That Be

--- WJAL21@aol.com wrote:

> Do you think NAC would let Eire remain totally
> independent?

Possibly--Ireland is a cursed nuisance to run and
tends to cost more in expenditures for military
expeditions to keep it conquered than it pays in
taxes.

> I could imagine them lured into being a sort of
> affiliate of the NAC. Of > course they would
maintain the pretence of > independence, but accept
the trade > and other kickbacks.

"We have a flag, and make our own postage stamps, and
we do have an army, honest, it's just a little small.
The fact that we don't bother checking passports at
the airport is trivial."

> I could see them providing mercenary forces for
> protecting NAC planets that > have been recently
"liberated" from another major > power.

I see Irish regiments in practically every major
power's army.  At one point I ran down the list of
nations that have or had Irish regiments.  Basically
every major power in the last 500 years and a lot of
the minor ones.

John

Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: RE: Powers That Be Next: Re: FT.... my 0.02