Prev: Re: FT.... my 0.02 Next: Re: Powers That Be

Re: RE: Powers That Be

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 06:33:30 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: RE: Powers That Be

--- aebrain@austarmetro.com.au wrote:

> Quebecois? Newfies? Wallonaise vs Vlaams ?

None wants to admit to being affiliated with
Quebecois.  And for someone to run a Newfie planet, we
might find someone after the Newfies get electricity
and indoor plumbing.

> Armenians and Kurds (as you said) look to me like
> the best bets
> for "serious" nations-without-homelands.
>
> For "slightly silly", try Jesuits or Sikhs.

Sikhs aren't slightly silly.  They run their own
chunks of of the Indian subcontinent for many-many
years before the Brits showed up.  They're running an
active guerilla war trying to throw the Indians out of
the Punjab.  And they can actually fight, unlike most
of the third-rate principalities the Brits kicked
over.

> For "Silly", GZG has Nuns-with-Guns etc. So why not
> "Sisters of
> Our Lady of Perpetual Chastisement"?

There's a reference in a Cyberpunk supplement (one of
the Chromebooks) to the "Holy Order of the Perpetual
Railgun."  Kid you not.

But seriously, the Templars have been revived.	I've
been considering having the Hospitallars becoming more
militant and buys some ships to kill Kra'Vak.

John

Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: FT.... my 0.02 Next: Re: Powers That Be