Prev: RE: FT: Prospective Novice Next: Re: Powers That Be

RE: Powers That Be

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 19:49:14 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: Powers That Be

--- Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

> Only because there's so many of them that its a
> wonder there's NAC left at
> all, let alone a large a healthy "super-power" ;)

Let me explain this.

There's a lot of Americans who just don't buy the NAC
and/or don't want to roll dice for King and Country.
But they don't want to try to work with some totally
different culture that they may not be familliar with.

So they make an ex-NAC colony populated by
ex-'Mericans who proceed to have a Boston Tea Party
and beat the Redcoats senseless  and so on and
soforth.  It's getting boring.

Second-most boring is, IMNSHO, Scots.  How many
dissident Scottish colonies are there?

Why won't anyone do something original?  Seperatist
Basques, or Militant Expansionist Swedes (The Restored
Vasa Hegemony?), or Kurds, or Sihks, or Carmelite
Nuns, or breakaway Thais, or libertarian monarchist
wackos (Oh, I think that may be taken), or a restored
Bavarian Monarchy, or Seperatist Austrians, or
Romanians, or crossdressing Nazi Eskimos, or Costa
Ricans tired of the Banana Republic atmosphere of the
LLAR, or SOMETHING. . .

John

Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com

Prev: RE: FT: Prospective Novice Next: Re: Powers That Be