Prev: Re: Pantropists/OU connection Next: Re: OT - Jungle Trees

Re: OT - Jungle Trees

From: johncrim@v...
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 07:17:35 -0500
Subject: Re: OT - Jungle Trees

> Hello!
>
> I'm just writing a short e-mail to tap into the vast wargaming
> experience and knowledge of the list. This year, I have moved to a
> boarding school and consequently find myself with much more free time
at
> school, so I'm planning to set up a wargaming club. What I need is
some
> terrain since I don't have any of my own, and seeing as I'm taking my
> GCSEs this year I don't have the time to make it myself. I asked JT
for
> advice and he recommended TSS or Gallia for the basic terrain boards,
> and indeed I expect I will be sending an order to TSS soon. However,
> what I would like to know is where I can find ready-to-use 'jungle'
> style trees at 25/28mm scale. What I need is trees that come
pre-painted
> and ready basically, because I really don't have much time.  Thanks!!

I do like the GW jungle trees.	You can make a good number from each
sprue, and they look
very nice when they are assembled -- a coat of thinned down green ink
over the bare
plastic makes them look even better.  I've just learned that you have to
put them on
bigger bases, or glue several of them to one big base.	Otherwise, trees
of any
significant height become very unstable.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim

      http://www.voicenet.com/webmail/

Prev: Re: Pantropists/OU connection Next: Re: OT - Jungle Trees