Prev: Re: Battle Music Next: Re: Battle Music Mars by ELP

Re: Battle Music

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 13:32:35 +0000
Subject: Re: Battle Music

On or about Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 08:27:24AM -0500, Bell, Brian K
(Contractor) typed:
>_My_ preference is for instramental. But if someone
>running a game wants a particular piece that has
>vocals, I am open to it (again my preference is for
>non-English/Spanish/French vocals, as vocals in
>a language that you comprehend can be distracting).

If you can get hold of Apocalyptica, I recommend it: instrumental heavy
metal played on cellos. (Really.) There are MP3s out there if you want a
sample.

I've certainly found that instrumental music is much better for
role-playing games than anything with lyrics, even if they're not
comprehensible to the players. Aliens soundtrack, Universal Soldier
soundtrack... action films of that period tend to be good.

Prev: Re: Battle Music Next: Re: Battle Music Mars by ELP