Prev: Re: Anoraks Next: RE: Simpler space games for young uns

Re: DS2:VTOL painting

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 15:12:07 -0400
Subject: Re: DS2:VTOL painting

At 12:23 PM +1000 10/23/01, David Tan wrote:
>I'm currently painting up a flight of Future Wars Attack VTOLs. They
are
>done in a boring olive green with Vallejo khaki for drybrushing.  I've
kept
>the windows black.  Does anyone og to the trouble of embellishing the
>windows with gloss varnish or a few lines to give it that reflective
look?
>Are there any other nifty techniqies I should know about?  Also what
have
>other painters done to their VTOLs (or aerospace fighters for that
matter)?
>Thanks very much.

I usually paint mine a goldish or gunmetalish black. This is on the
assumption that the windows have an radar reflective/absorbtive
coating in their makeup for RCS reduction reasons.
- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	 \	   Protect Freedom AND Security        -
-    NRA	  \	http://www.indefenseoffreedom.org/     -

Prev: Re: Anoraks Next: RE: Simpler space games for young uns