Prev: FW: RE: Well, I'm back..... Next: Re: Well, I'm back.....

Re: [DS] Doesn't make any sense

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 20:44:54 +1300
Subject: Re: [DS] Doesn't make any sense

> [Roger's confusion over VTOL movement rules]

While a strict reading of the rules might not make sense, it's clear
that a
pop-up allows VTOLs to fire their weapons, as this is the same move used
by
real world helicopters to fire self-designated guided missiles, and
unguided
missiles.

So turn #1, fly VTOL to cover near route of enemy movement. A nice hill
is
great. On turn #2, wait for a juicy movement of enemy armour, then
pop-up
and fire missiles. If enemy AA fire upon your VTOL, remember to include
the
pop-up attack modifier (I forget where it is). On turn #3, repeat the
pop-up
or perhaps move to a new firing location.

Alternatively, keep cover behind a hill, forest or building at all
times,
and let the enemy armour roll along the road past you, then interrupt
the
unit's movement and fire the VTOL's missiles, while still in cover to
the
enemy's remaining forces. This forces your enemy to provide mobile AA
cover
to the advancing armour formation, instead of keeping it at the rear.

I hope that helps!

Andrew Martin
ICQ: 26227169 http://valley.150m.com/
-><-

Prev: FW: RE: Well, I'm back..... Next: Re: Well, I'm back.....