Prev: Re: 6mm armor paint Next: Re: [DS] Mixed units?

RE: [DS] Mixed units?

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 12:03:26 -0400
Subject: RE: [DS] Mixed units?

At 9:03 PM -0400 10/7/01, Brian Bell wrote:
>Yes. You can use mixed units.
>
>The problem is that DS2 provides no method of splitting units
>(except for disabled units). So the unit must stay within
>integrity distanct the whole game.
>
>However, if you and your opponent agree, you can use house
>rules to allow units to split. If you do this you have to
>decide if it costs part of an action.
>
>In the timeframe of the game (15 min. per turn), it may be
>acceptable to split a unit without penalty. Or you can decide
>that splitting/rejoining costs part of an action (i.e. can
>shoot or move and split/join but not all three).
>
>Get with your opponent and decide what seems fair.

Umm, how about...

If it is really needed insofar as a game occurrence is needed, have
the command element for that platoon/unit spend its firing action
directing that group of elements to do their task. Its the LT of that
platoon telling the PSG to take that tank and his APC back to meet up
with the Recovery team and medics, then hoof it back when things are
fixed time allowing.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	 \	   Protect Freedom AND Security        -
-    NRA	  \	http://www.indefenseoffreedom.org/     -

Prev: Re: 6mm armor paint Next: Re: [DS] Mixed units?