Prev: Re: [OT] 1s r us chuckle Next: RE: Welcome to the list Alistair

Re: Hammerhead or Fed Tank? (Re: Evil Empire(tm))

From: "Scott Clinton" <grumbling_grognard@h...>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 09:04:44 -0500
Subject: Re: Hammerhead or Fed Tank? (Re: Evil Empire(tm))

>Now, unless there are specific ideas on how to use the bricks in
>SGII, I'll apologize for stretching the thread, and suggest we
>end it now.

>The_Beast

"bricks"?  Sorry, slang for AFV?

If so, sure there are rules for their use and the ideas are endless.
They
work well in SGII as long as you don't get crazy and put 6-8 on each
side!
:-)

I most enjoy pitting one side with a mixed force in an attack against
another side defending with only infantry and AT weapons.  Put
reasonable
terrain on the table (for infantry defense) and it can be a tough game
for
both side.

Another setup I have tried with success is the "Ambush".  The game
starts as
the first shots are fired in an ambush with forces as above.  For the
"armor
heavy side", you are in a tough position because you are way too close
those enemy ground pounders (who will be in good defensive positions).
And
for the "infantry heavy side" you have to KO the enemy AFVs quickly
before
they can bring their superior firepower to bear.  This later setup makes
for
a nice, quick game also.

Scott
The Grumbling Grognard

Prev: Re: [OT] 1s r us chuckle Next: RE: Welcome to the list Alistair