Prev: Re: [DS] Site Update Next: Help this poor Vac-Head

Re: (Semi OT) Article on Wargamers

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 16:11:53 -0400
Subject: Re: (Semi OT) Article on Wargamers

> Yep. That's pretty inevitable when you fight equal-points battles
rather
> than historical re-fights - the entire point with an equal-point
battle is
> that both sides should (ideally) have an equal chance of winning...
but in
> reality it is rather more common to have one side significantly larger
than
> the other :-/

"Be there the firstest with the mostest"--I think that was Nathan
Bedford
Forrest

> Dailami troops seem to have fought as mercenaries all over the Muslim
parts
> of Asia, but their own states and dynasties appearently didn't last
very
long.

It was the "mercenary" part that made me think they're good troops--they
served the Fatimids, for example.
 The DBM player struck me as the sort who was likely to know the
history,
but I'm drawing a blank on his name and it's been a couple of years
since I

Prev: Re: [DS] Site Update Next: Help this poor Vac-Head