Prev: Re: Pics of Eureka 100 Club minis ... Next: RE: FMA DSII+

Re: [LST] Repeat posts?

From: David Brewer <david@b...>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 00:29:56 +0100
Subject: Re: [LST] Repeat posts?

Roger Burton West wrote:

> On or about Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 10:07:09AM -0500, devans@uneb.edu
typed:

> >I just received copies of posts from Ryan Gill and Bob DeAngelis that
I'd
> >already received yesterday.
> >I'm assuming the repeat of Allan Goodall's last post was his ISP
being
> >naughty again.
> >Is the list admin handy to take a look?
>
> The culprit appears to be dbys06415@blueyonder.co.uk, who's running
> Microsoft SMTPSVC - it appears that he's managed to generate a mail
> loop. I've sent mail to him directly. (In case that isn't his email
> address - pcow058m.blueyonder.net might also be relevant, though that
> isn't a valid domain name...)

According to my ISP:

"1151821 Delays in mail delivery
>From viewing the newsgroup posts, the problem looks to be down to
one of
the servers in the SMTP cluster, pcow058m.
This server has been taken out of the SMTP cluster while our
platform
team diagnose what is/was wrong with it, and any issues will be
resolved
before it is brought back into service.
We'd like to thank the users who have posted the headers of the
mails
now they have arrived, and apologise for any inconvenience caused
by the
delay.
This will have only affected a proportion of mails as it is one of
several boxes performing the SMTP server role"

So, problem sorted.

--
David Brewer

"It is foolishness and endless trouble to cast a stone at every

Prev: Re: Pics of Eureka 100 Club minis ... Next: RE: FMA DSII+