Prev: [FT] @ Bifrost 2001, UK Next: Re: DSII: Power Armour

DSII: Power Armour

From: "Doug Wright" <dougc.wright@v...>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 13:17:26 +0100
Subject: DSII: Power Armour

A discussion point - does PA provide increased protection (5 pips to
kill, compared with the standards infantry's 4 in Dirtside II) through
extra armour - their sealed all-encasing ceramics or steel or whatever;
somewhat better than the average grunt's kevlar vest and 'chickenplate'
high-velocity inserts - or through speed and manoeuvrability, such as
the 'Bounce' in Heinlein's Starship Troopers? I'm inclined to think that
dodging and weaving is more important, so I'm toying with the idea of
not allowing PA troops to dig in the same as regular infantry and
militia. What are people's thoughts?

As an aside, if there are any DSII gamers lurking here in London, please
let me know off-list as my oppo and I are seeking fresh
blood/acid/fibre-optics ...

dougc.wright@virgin.net or dougcwright@hotmail.com.

Cheers

Doug