Prev: Re: [SG]Unit Cohesion Next: [LST] MIME text/html pollution

RE: FT-Starfire conversions

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 19:16:16 +0100
Subject: RE: FT-Starfire conversions

In message
<2A5C49585B46EC42BB99D3000F725D470232EB46@col1smx01.dscc.dla.mil>
	  "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@dscc.dla.mil> wrote:

> I would disagree. In FT, I think that the power from the
> Main Drives provides sufficient power for all the weapon
> systems. I doubt that each Beam weapon would have its own
> generator. But yes the power requirements are abstracted
> out. However I would think that on a satelite without a
> MD that is constantly running, something would have to
> be added (1/2 size MD 1 drive?).
>
> -----
> Brian Bell
> -----

Well, I didn't think that every system has its own generator, but that
the ships central generator is made big enough to power everything on
the ship, and its MASS is 'hidden' in the MASSes of the systems it
powers.

Which is why we don't have to work out power consumption or anything in
FT (except for the Sa'Vas'Ku).

Continuing this, a space station mounting a lot of systems (weapons,
sensors, etc). will have the necessary power to run all those systems.

But of course, it can't move (or even rotate).

Your suggestion of adding a Thrust-0.5 drive should be sufficient for
station keeping, and perhaps rotation?

Charles

Prev: Re: [SG]Unit Cohesion Next: [LST] MIME text/html pollution