Prev: Re: [FT30/99] Vector Racing PBEM Page Updated Next: Alarishi sanity, was Re: Name Changes

Re: The GZG Digest V2 #667

From: Stuart Murray <smurray@a...>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 12:17:09 -0400
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #667

>The GZG Digest      Wednesday, September 12 2001      Volume 02 :
Number 667
>The following subjects are discussed in this issue:

>Subject: Re: [OT] Alien Figures

Hi Folks,

While I no longer have the Aliens SG web site running (I changed job and
can no longer run my sites on th eold lab computer), I do mail out a
Word
document to anyone who asks me for it.	This is a compilation of all the
stuff off the old site plus some odds and ends I tacked onto it.  Mail
me
at either smurray@aecom.yu.edu (I think this will go off-line next
month),
or stuuh@hotmail.com and I will send it out.  PLEASE DO NOT EXPECT A
QUICK
REPLY.	I WILL reply, I'm just terribly slow as I do not get a lot of
time
for personal email so it takes me time to get back to folks (as some of
you
already know).

>From: Jim Callahan <jim.callahan2@gte.net>
>Subject: Re: [SG] -ish Peter Pig Figs

The PP figs are nice, I have a bunch of them, both SCi-Fi and
historicals.
I do not think the Sci-fi are as good as the historicals.  This is no
problem as thier range of moderns are perfectly good for SG-type sci-fi.
Ranges in particular to look for are the IDF and Professionals from the
AK-47 range.  When combined with bits of kit from QRF and Quality
castings
a decent sci-fi troop can be formed.  For example, I have a unit of PP
sci-fi troopers in 4x4 VABs with a .50cal DSKh and a TOW for platoon
support.

The OTHER sci-fi range which is possible is down with Eureka.  I have
been
talking with Nic and it is looking likely that we may get some NOT
Colonial
Marines made (I will be emailing those concerend this week).  If
produced
these will be completely ccompatible with PP figures.

Of course, GZG makes 15mms, but I'm not very impressed with the new
ones.
In comparison with products from historical companies GZGs new 15mm
Sci-fi
figures are poor.

A better alternative is to ask Jon if he will cast some of his old NAC
and
ESU, these are great figs, much better than the new stuff.  They aslo
came
8 to a bag, with one SAW and one GMS.  In contrast to the new figs they
had
multiple poses and head variants.  In addition, they are actually in
proportion, they do not have mutant stumpy arms or huge thighs.  The
level
of detail is much better too, weapons actually have barrels and troops
have
webbing (in contrast to both the new15s and older 25s !).

Sorry Jon  this is not criticiscm of GZG, it just  your old stuff is
much
better, more like the standards I've come to expect from GZG figures.

Stuart.

Dr. Stuart Murray

Department Of Cell Biology		     Tel: (718) 430 2168
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine	    Fax: (718) 430 8574
1300 Morris Park Avenue 	     email: smurray@aecom.yu.edu
Bronx
New York 10461

Prev: Re: [FT30/99] Vector Racing PBEM Page Updated Next: Alarishi sanity, was Re: Name Changes