Prev: Re: Scenarious Next: Re: Scenarious

RE: [OT] Alien Figures

From: JEREMY CLARIDGE <jeremy.claridge@k...>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:27:03 +0100 (BST)
Subject: RE: [OT] Alien Figures

> >Since the xenomorphs have some stealth
> >(no heat signature, do not show up on
> >movement sensors until they attack, etc.),
> I suspect they'd have some heat signature, otherwise it'd be doubtful
they
> could move so quickly (even as an alien species). However it may not
flair
> up until they actually moved.
> I honestly don't know, guess in my naivete I just assumed that
something the
> size of a xenomorph would set the sensor off if it moved (I assumed
the
> sensors were movement based, but I actually have no clue).

Ok just going to jump in at this point. If we are talking Aliens
(i.e. the film) then in the first one the motion sensor was based on
changes in air density (if memory serves correct). So presumably
just moving through an atmosphere was enough. (i.e. don't fight in
a vacuum :)

Also how about if motion detectors were based like some animals
in picking up electrical discharges from muscles when they are used.

Ok that's it :)

Jeremey
germ@germy.co.uk

Prev: Re: Scenarious Next: Re: Scenarious