Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #665 Next: Re: Kabul under attack

WotW-HET Lasers

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 00:35:35 +0100
Subject: WotW-HET Lasers

I will leave the others to comment on the beam weapons, but I will share
some playtesting I did with the HET lasers.

1-In equal fleets, or mixed for that matter, the lasers made no
difference
to the outcome.

2-In 1 on 1 duels, the ship that fired first was the one that won.

3-They are effective against sheild equipt enemies (HM and SV), but come
out
worse against KV, due to their shorter range. By the time the HET lasers
were in range (using Cl.3`s), the KV were in range to regularly hit with
the
K-guns, and the dammage the KV could dish out was a lot more than the
HET
lasers. Against the PH, using the -2 for the vapour gland(?), they were
worse, but the PH had to come out from their sheild to actually hit you
as
well (if you know what I mean), giving you a chance to reply.

On the subject of the HET lasers against the normal beam batts, you have
remember that a Cl.3 HET laser is equal in range to a Cl.2 beam batt,
but
you could have 3xCl.2 beam batts with 3 arcs for one Cl.3 HET laser
(which
offsets the higher dammage potential somewhat, at least while the range
is
in the 17-24 MU band).

So, from this, the only things I`d change would be-

A-Include the -2 for the HET laser Vs the PH vapor shroud/gland/whatever
it`s called (damn my memory)

B-Probably increase the cost slightly (as per O.O.`s sugestion, but not
by
much).

Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #665 Next: Re: Kabul under attack