Prev: [ADMIN] This is not the place for this discussion Next: Re: Scenarious

Re: [OT] Hope

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 14:30:10 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Hope

Derk Groeneveld wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, David Griffin wrote:
>

> > --- Tom Granvold <Thomas.Granvold@Sun.COM> wrote:
> > It is premature, but this sort of operation almost
> > requires the kinds of resources only a country
> > can provide.
>
> Does it? Doesn't it take no more than a handful of persons who have
made
> up their mind to die in order to get this done? It takes only one who
can
> fly a plane (which is not too hard once it is ariborne, or so I have
been
> told), for each plane(*), and enough help to take over the plane. This
is
> not in itself a massive operation?

Keeping one airborne is not hard, they are designed to do this on their
own.  Hitting a target, even one as big as a building, is difficult.
Those
pilots had some training with large aircraft.

> (*) I do not believe the regular crew could be forced into flying
their
> plane into the towers.

Neither does anyone here, as a matter of fact their is speculation
the pilot of the fourth plane knew what was going on and crashed
into the ground.  The others were probably dead early on.

Prev: [ADMIN] This is not the place for this discussion Next: Re: Scenarious