Prev: Re: TOE/Archive Next: [FT] WotW #12 - its gone rather quiet again

Re: A somewhat controversial suggestion...

From: "Scott Clinton" <grumbling_grognard@h...>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 14:18:06 -0500
Subject: Re: A somewhat controversial suggestion...

Well, “Evil Empire” or not, I have always liked a good portion of
Citadel’s
minis (in pre-GW days they had a FANTASTICLY comprehensive line of
historicals).  They have some damn fine artists on staff IMO.

Sure, GW's pricing policy blows.  Their rules and rule-lawyering drives
me
insane.  And while their back-story for 40k never impressed me either, I

tend to ignore all back-stories in favor of my own (if I bother with
such a
thing).  Hell, the entire corporate attitude stinks IMHO  (ask me
someday
about the GenCon where the ONLY Warhammer Fantasy event was run my me
and
they would not give me the time of day).

But, for me, I have always liked the idea of "Orcs in space" (and
dwarves
too).  While 'my orcs' bear little resemblance to 40k orcs and nothing
makes
me cringe like the phrase "Waaagh" :-(

I  picture my orcs as less intelligent, green skinned Klingons without a

shred of honor.

Anyway, I like the new minis (the Kroot too).  And with them being
plastic
maybe someday I will grab a box.  Heck, I just grabbed a handful of
"Gorka
Morka" orcs for 99 cents a pack the other week.  So much for
over-priced,
huh?  ;-)

Anyway, that’s my 2 cents.

Scott Clinton
The Grumbling Grognard

Prev: Re: TOE/Archive Next: [FT] WotW #12 - its gone rather quiet again