Prev: Re: [GZG] Imperium 3rd Millenium campaign for FT/DS Next: RE: HSTV/L or LAV-75??

Re: Dazzle Camo

From: devans@u...
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 21:54:49 -0500
Subject: Re: Dazzle Camo

No problem; your request was clear. I only wish my answer were... ;->=

Dazzle camo refers to a strong geometric pattern put on, not to hide,
but
confuse the viewer as to shape, direction, and speed.

It was tried in the first and second world wars on surface ships when it
was realized that, given the fact that submarines usually saw ships
sillouetted against the sky, that sub boat commanders could be made to
'miss' if they were confused as to the ship's speed and direction.

Think sharp, repeating, angular patterns. I usually think of moire, but
an
approximation might be Babylon 5 Narns, but without any 'edge'
outlining.

There are plenty of examples of ships on the web. I don't have any at
hand,
but a good Google search, or a look at the archives should help you.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Imperium 3rd Millenium campaign for FT/DS Next: RE: HSTV/L or LAV-75??