Prev: Re: [OT] clear predators of resin Answered! Next: Re: [DS] Why tank destroyers?

Re: Primer

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 11:23:33 +0200 (MEST)
Subject: Re: Primer

mrUseless schrieb:
> As far as avoiding the use of enamels, I think that is most likely
hype
> started by some company wishing to sell their special overpriced
paints.

>  I thought I should be avoiding enamels.....	(Think I saw that on a
website
> somewhere....)

Don't believe everything you see on the web ;-)

The main argument against using enamel paints, AFAIK, is that they need
hydrocarbon solvents like turpentine or white spirit, both as a medium
and to clean brushes and other painting equipment. This is a concern
from a health and environmental viewpoint and they also cost extra
money compared to the alternative, namely water-based paints such as
acrylics. Note that in the quantities used by modellers, the
health/environment issue is not usually serious if you use them in a
reasonable fashion.

As far as painting results, durability etc. go, there is not much to
choose between enamels and other paints. There are a lot of other
points that make or break a paint job (good, clean brushes, for
example, skill and practice etc.)

Greetings

Prev: Re: [OT] clear predators of resin Answered! Next: Re: [DS] Why tank destroyers?