Prev: Re: [DS] Why tank destroyers? Next: Re: [DS] Why tank destroyers?

Re: [DS] Why tank destroyers?

From: Edward Lipsett <translation@i...>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 10:25:27 +0900
Subject: Re: [DS] Why tank destroyers?

This is exactly the same problem with North Korea.
The NK Navy is listed as having zillions of ships, and the vast majority
of them are tiny fishing boats and such fitted with missiles. In theory,
they could duke it ou with South Korean DDs and such, losing one or two
fishing boats in return for a rather expensive destroyer... for obvious
reasons, they have to use missiles and not guns.

Ryan M Gill wrote:

> At 6:14 PM -0700 9/5/01, Don M wrote:
> >  >
> >>  >  > Of course, the current version is "Toyota with TOW"
> >>  >

> >The dreaded Somali death mobile..
>
> Well, technically (sorry [1]) those actually had all sorts of guns
> rather than missiles.
>
> Take a look at this US Army Captain's (I think) page of pictures from
Somalia.
> http://membres.tripod.fr/France40/techphot.html

=====
Edward Lipsett
Intercom, Ltd.
Fukuoka, Japan
translation@intercomltd.com
http://www.intercomltd.com
Tel: +81-92-712-9120

Prev: Re: [DS] Why tank destroyers? Next: Re: [DS] Why tank destroyers?