Prev: RE: Ship groups Next: RE: Playing Habits

RE: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 10:53:56 -0400
Subject: RE: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry

I will chime in here (after donning power armor).

Damage:
I could see 4 chits. They are tougher than normal humans, and a squad
can
still function with less members than an unenhanced human squad. They
probably still wear the best non-powered armor available.

Threat Level Reduction:
I could see this also for the same reasons. The squad knows that it can
do
more than the equivilent normal squad. However, Power Armor (PA) also
know
this and do not get this benifit. So I would suggest a different ploy.
Make
some counters for a new level of confidence (Stupid? Unflapable?
Unshakeable? Cocky?) that is the same a confident, but reduces to
confident
at the first confidence loss (alternatly place 2 confident markers and
remove the 1st at the first confidence loss).

Fatigue:
Start the GEI at +1 confidence level for thier level of fatigue to
reflect
increased endurance/motivation. (See Threat Level Reduction, above, as
how
to deal with above confident).

Range:
I would not mess with the range. Abstracting down from SG already gives
infantry greatly enhanced range.

Close Assault:
I would add a caveat that they do NOT get this ability when facing Close
Assault squads. Reasoning: Part of the effectiveness of CA squads is
that
they are equiped with weapons specifically for close assault (automatic
shotguns, flamethrowers, etc.).

Artillery Calls:
I would give them this only if they have a dedicated artillery unit
assigned
to them. Otherwise the artilery unit will be overwhelmed with calls and
opt
for the higher command request. Of course, dedicating an artillery unit
to a
platoon would give this benifit to any unit to which it is dedicated
(assuming the troops are minimally trained for artillery calls).

Movement:
I agree 4 would reflect increased endurance.

Quality:
I imagine that they would, generally, have Veteran (or at least Regular)
quality. If you also have SG2, you may want to option in Superior
quality
for some units.

NBC Resistance:
Increased resistance to Radiation, Chemical, and Biologic agenst would
reduce the effects on them. Treat GEI as dug in for nuclear attacks. GEI
may
approch to 2" of a nuke site. GEI get +1 for Nuclear and Biochem
confidence
checks. GEI are treated as suited for entering Biochem and Radiation
areas.

Costs would have to play-tested out.

---
Brian Bell
bbell1@insight.rr.com
ICQ: 12848051
AIM: Rlyehable
YIM: Rlyehable
The FTSR Armor Division:
http://www.ftsr.org/ds2/
---

Prev: RE: Ship groups Next: RE: Playing Habits