Prev: Re: What does SG15-VEH1 Light Infantry Combat Vehicle look like? Next: [SG2] Trying to drum up support for some new figs

My GZG order arrived... well some of it...

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:09:26 EDT
Subject: My GZG order arrived... well some of it...

Well, my order arrived, just as we are getting ready to depart (this
friday evening) to visit my Mother-in-law:  (kids are jazzed, Janice is
typically ambivalent - loves her mom but always worried about her
mother's attitude and how she will act, and I am enjoying the visit
(with
a bit of charity and patience it should go okay, but as always, prayers,
good thoughts and positive vibes this way always welcome).

On to the order:

This has been a long term order through the local B&M shop's
distributor.
 Sent in around April by the local shop, reportedly the local shop was
told the distributor doesn't ship for four weeks prior to major cons and
that included (IIRC) Historicon, Gencon among others.  Bottom line, kept
calling the local shop, he kept promising to 'try and call for a status'
of the order.  FINALLY almost two weeks ago he got through.  "What
Order?"  [Insert slow burn by yours truly here but I didn't explode -
good thing this appears to be the only local shop that handles
historical
figures.]  Order fax'ed again.	 Distributor promises to try and make
this a priority.  They arrive this week.  I call and find out they
arrived just the day before...	It takes two days to get time to go and
pick up items.	Hey, I have a real life too!  Despite my best efforts.
<grin>

and the answer is:

Future Wars infantry is discontinued - o-k-a-a-a-a-a-a-y

DSM-135 and DSM-139 "not available in the USA" - thank you, Mr.
Catalog... [grit teeth]

DSM127 infantry Platoon  (oh good something for those NPC squads to
ambush...) and DSM 128 NAC Power Armor Platoon (Oh, power armor too...
Where's the heavy weapons...)  substituted for discontinued and
unavailable infantry.  Cool!  These are still in blister - will open
when
return to home Monday Night - but they appear to  compare favorably with
the Kurita infantry (Battletech) I have ready to prime...  Looks better
then my 'inspection ready' GHQ infantry and sholud be okay size wise
against the H&R WW2 French and British infantry I use.

FWSV09 -Tracked Armor Engineer (5)  Still in blister but looks like it
will match my GHQ/Scotia/etc (emphasis on "etc.") AFV's and support
vehicles.

Do I like what I see?

I sent off an e-mail to GZG for more FW and DSM stuff this afternoon...

Brigade Models and Irregular (SF : 25, 15, 6 and historical) next
orders,
then Baccus for historical stuff.  Scotia in queue.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!