Prev: Re: Campaigns Next: RE: What does SG15-VEH1 Light Infantry Combat Vehicle look like?

Re: Campaigns

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 13:12:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Campaigns

--- Chris DeBoe <LASERLIGHT@QUIXNET.NET> wrote:
> From: "David Griffin" <carbon_dragon@yahoo.com>

> > Not bad for covering the ordinary ship, built
> faster
> > but still ending up to be a standard ship, lasting
> > just as long as an ordinary ship (no dangerous
> > corners cut)
>
> That is the way it works, though--if you know you're
> going to build a lot of
> them, you can buy the tooling to make it efficient.
> Example: I used to sell...

Yes, this is the usual way things are done. I
wasn't intending to dissagree. I was just saying
that the Liberties were constructed without regard
to how long they'd last or how safe they were in
storms. They cut additional dangerous corners.

But hey it worked! A lot of them sunk on their first
voyage and others lasted only a few voyages, but
there was always a new ship to replace it (or 10
new ships).

In the FT venacular, one side of the conflict would
be forever destroying enemy freighters, but dang it
there would always be more of the dang things to
destroy!

Prev: Re: Campaigns Next: RE: What does SG15-VEH1 Light Infantry Combat Vehicle look like?