Prev: Re: What does SG15-VEH1 Light Infantry Combat Vehicle look like? Next: Re: [OT] Jagdpanzer Panther

[OT] Jagdpanzer Panther

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 11:26:03 +0200 (MEST)
Subject: [OT] Jagdpanzer Panther

No, I am not talking about the Jagdpanther of WWII.

Tony Francis schrieb:
> It's a light APC with a very small (remote ?) turret.
> It's the same sort of configuration as the German Marder MICV

Which reminds me:

I came across some old press notes:

In the 1980's the Bundeswehr tended for proposals for a new
tank-killer vehicle ("Jagdpanzer Panther") using anti-tank missiles.
Apparently the idea was to mount a hydraulic platform on an armoured
hull (Marder or PZH 2000). The hydraulic platform would carry a pack
of missiles (HOT or similar) and could be elevated as high as 12 m to
shoot over trees, low hills, or buildings.

Apparently Krauss-Maffei built two prototypes that were tested by the
Bundeswehr.

The project was canceled in 1993.

Anyone ( Oerjan ? ) know more ? Any pictures/drawings ?

Something similar might make a nice project for a DS2 or SG vehicle
conversion - I think one of the Battletech vehicles featured such an
elevating turret.

Greetings

Prev: Re: What does SG15-VEH1 Light Infantry Combat Vehicle look like? Next: Re: [OT] Jagdpanzer Panther