Prev: Re: [SG?] Cammo Next: Re: Campaign

Re: Campaign

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 14:09:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Campaign

--- Chris DeBoe <LASERLIGHT@QUIXNET.NET> wrote:
> > With a 1 turn = 1 week scale, I would think that a
> decent shipyard
> > could churn out 100 MUCr. of work on any 1 ship
> (though it could work
> > on more than 1 ship concurrently) per week.
> >
> > Your average CH would take approx. 25-30 weeks to
> complete, while
> > destroyers could be produced at a ship per 3
> months or so...
>
> That feels about right.  Can speed up production
> +50% (max 100%) for 100% of
> base NPV.
> So a 120NPV DD would build in 12 weeks at normal
> cost, 8 weeks at 240 NPV,
> or 6 weeks at 360 NPV.

When I hear campaign systems like this, I can't
help but think of programs in WWII like the liberty
ships and the escort carriers. Because it was
necessary to build them fast, they built them faster
than anyone believed possible. They weren't built to
last, but they did work. I wonder if any production
schedule can simulate a truly ... motivated...
nation fighting for it's life.

Prev: Re: [SG?] Cammo Next: Re: Campaign