Prev: Re: Campaign Next: Re: Campaign

Re: [SG?] Cammo

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:31:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [SG?] Cammo

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Izenberg, Noam wrote:

> >From Ryan Gill:
>
> >...I've been making infantry fighting positions for SG, they are
> > built just like they really are, two fighting positions with
> > overhead cover, slots for firing on the oblique and side and rear
> > cover. I've just finished flocking them, next is brush, camoflage
> > netting/tarps and rocks.)
>
> Why is it that Jarheads go to all the trouble of buying and painting
cool
> minis only to hide them in/behind/under meticulously crafted cammo?

Because well-painted camo looks pretty cool? :>

I just finished painting a 15mm Infantry Walker in Martian camo - red
oxides & black - and that looks very cool, if I may be allowed a moment
of
immodesty... (Pictures 'real soon now...')

> Just wondering

<tongue in cheek>
As someone else pointed out, would bright red vehicles covered in skull
motifs & with a name like the 'Slugga-Blasta-Xploda' be an improvement?
</cheek>

> (Vac-head) Noam
>
> "In space, there's no hiding your paint job."

No, but I try - I've got a BDN on the paint stand right now that's in
WW2-style disruption/dazzle black/grey/white. Yes, I know the rationale
for camo'd starships is pretty thin; I've been following the FT sensor
arguements for the last weeks. Dazzle *looks* really good, though.

And heck, if a thousand credits worth of paint protects 100 million
credits of starship even a minute amount, I'd go for it!

Trying to enlighten vacc-heads...

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -

Prev: Re: Campaign Next: Re: Campaign