Prev: Re: OT: Anyone Going to Dragonflight in Seattle Next: Re: Campaign

Re: Campaign

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:16:14 -0700
Subject: Re: Campaign

>I think one of the things needed for a campaign is to decide whether
>it's operational scale (turns of perhaps a day or a week)

I've always been a proponent of the "Week" turn scale, with 4 "weeks"
per month, and 12 months per year.

>For the latter, I was thinking of having three resources: volatiles,
>minerals, and power; combine one each of V+M+P to get MCr.   I've
>mentioned this on-list before, as I recall.

IMO this is overly (and potentially needlessly) complex. I found
simply giving an income in MCr, without all the bothersome resources,
made the game flow much more smoothly.

Prev: Re: OT: Anyone Going to Dragonflight in Seattle Next: Re: Campaign