Prev: RE: Campaign Next: Re: Campaign

Re: Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix"

From: Noam Izenberg <noam.izenberg@j...>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 07:35:38 -0400
Subject: Re: Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix"

Me:

>> Allow one power point to
>> be moved one level "deeper" in the ship for a cost of 3 points. No PG
>> could go from 1 to zero, and no "shallower" PG can be larger than a
>> deeper
>> one: For example, a Var'Arr'Sha (3/3/3/3), NPV 169, could
redistribute
>> 2/2/4/4 at a cost of 12 points.

Oerjan:

> Hm. For 24 points the V'A'S goes from 3/3/3/3 to 1/1/5/5, which makes
> the
> first two threshold checks almost negligible... haven't had time to
look
> very closely at it, but it feels as if this could cause more problems
> than
> it solves.

You're probably right. But perhaps it can be balanced with cost. At a
cost of 5 per power point shift, the 'bottom heavy' V'A'S costs 209, or
1 more than a normal V'K'S. Which would you choose? You could up the
cost until you were comfortable taking either into a fight.

BTW your comaprison of off-arc stats comes close to convincing me that
9" bands might be OK in Cinematic. I'll have to play it to really
convince myself.

Prev: RE: Campaign Next: Re: Campaign