Prev: Re: Language abuses Next: Re: Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix"

RE: Campaign

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 07:30:08 -0400
Subject: RE: Campaign

You might add two other "resource" to the list:
-Population
-Crew (Trained Personnel)

Thus you get:
M - Minerals
V - Volatiles
E - Energy
P - Population
C - Crew

It would only take V+M+E+P to get 1 MCr. As a
location is attacked it looses P. A newly
acquired system only gets 1/2 P for a set time.

When ships are built/armies recruited, the
amount of C is used to determine if there are
enough crew/soldiers to crew a ship/man a unit.
Crew may be transferred, but it requires the use
of a transport. It takes 2 P to produce 1 C.
C are created on a 1/2 year cycle. C represents
both quality and quantity of the crew, so you
can rush training to get more bodies, but the
quality suffers, thus the same amount of C.
A major military base in a system brings the ratio
of P to C to 1:1. But the military base is
assumed destroyed in any attack on the planet.
C can also represent the ground defense capability.
If a planet is lost, it has no C. C may not be
generated on the planet for a set amount of time
(x2 or x3 the amount of time it takes for the 1/2
P rating to return to full P).

-----
Brian Bell
-----