Prev: RE: Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix" Next: Re: [eBay] eBay silliness

RE: Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix"

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 21:53:52 +1000
Subject: RE: Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix"

G'day,

 >The problem with SV stingers is the
 >advantage they have at point blank and
 >the advantage at extreme ranges with
 >enough power allocation.

Which is why humans should try and maneuver to keep them at medium range
;)

I'm not saying this is necessarily the case here and I do admit that the

published SV need tweaking (whether that involves 9" range bands or some

other fix), but some of the "imbalance" I've had people rant at me about

has come from the fact they haven't tried to adapt. One player in
particular down here thought the SV were so ridiculously over the top
he'd
never play against them because all they had to do was get in close or
stay
far away and the humans were stuffed. I said fine lets swap, I'd play
human
and he could play SV. I stayed at medium range the whole game (easier
said
than done admittedly) and after that the same guy was declaring he'd
never
play SV as they're far too weak and cripple too quickly and are totally
stuffed. Just can't please some people I guess ;)

Cheers

Beth

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com

Prev: RE: Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix" Next: Re: [eBay] eBay silliness