Prev: Re: [OT] I blame Agis Next: Re: [OT] I blame Agis

Re: [OT] Cammo paint (Was nasty Agis :)

From: Jeremey Claridge <jeremy.claridge@k...>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:54:06 +0100 ()
Subject: Re: [OT] Cammo paint (Was nasty Agis :)

> From: "Jeremey Claridge" <jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk>
> > Since Agis insisted on demonstrating his considerable painting
skills.
> > It got me in the mood to get painting myself and update my gallery
pages.

> > I've put my dirtside miniatures on to the page, not much to look at
but
> it's a start.
> > So if you want to view the other end of the painting spectrum then
be my
> guest.
>
> You can't view the low end of the painting-skills spectrum because I
haven't
> posted any pics.
>
> Tell me about the spray-thru-slits method--how wide a slit?  How close
> together can you put the slits?

I spray painted the vehicles dark green.
Then I took a piece of cardboard (from the back of a writing pad) and
cut
wavey slits about 2mm wide and 10cm long. Each slit was about 5mm apart.
It depended on the size of the vehicle. You could make them closer
together
for small figures.

I then placed the card on to a line of vehicles and sprayed down the
slits.
I did the spraying quite close abot 5-10 cm away from the card.
The slower you spray down the line the more bold the stripes get.

You do need very contrasting colours if you do this. Just trying to do
the stripes
with a lighter shade didn't work to well. If you have a bolder colour
you don't have
to spray it on thick and so can keep some model detail.

Does that description make sense?

Jeremey Claridge
www.germy.co.uk
germ@germy.co.uk

Prev: Re: [OT] I blame Agis Next: Re: [OT] I blame Agis