Prev: Re: [SGish] APC question Next: Re: [SG] Ship building

Re: [SG] Ship building

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:06:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [SG] Ship building

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Laserlight wrote:

> I'm thinking to build sections of a Jerez for 15mm boarding actions at
> 1" = 3m.  Has anyone seen suggestions for modular hull designs?  If
> not, are there ship interiors (in addition to the Traveller Web Ring
> stuff) that anyone can point me to?
>
> (for the curious: a Jerez is 56mm long, 34mm wide and mostly about 3mm
> thick.  If it's 1/2400, that's 134.4 x 81.6 x 7.2m = 39481m^3
<<snippage>>
> And at 1" = 3m, it's roughly 45"x27"x2", not counting the bridge

Bog, starships is big! And that's only a DD - anyone want to tackle a
15mm
SDN?

I'm (sort of) planning a light/tramp freighter for 15mm - it sounds like
it's going to have to be a bit bigger than I was thinking... Having
peered
at teh Beowulf free trader map sheets from Steve Jackson, I'm thinking
of
cribbing parts of that design for a freighter.

No actual plans as yet - then again, most of my large and/or interesting
projects have been started on the spur of the moment, with no blueprints
or plans whatsoever... Plus I'm in a clear-the-desk painting & modelling
mood, so I might as well clear the deck for something spectacular...

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -

Prev: Re: [SGish] APC question Next: Re: [SG] Ship building