Prev: RE: Astronomy Questions Next: Re: [SG] Ship building

Re: [SGish] APC question

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 17:54:10 -0400
Subject: Re: [SGish] APC question

At 2:12 AM -0700 8/13/01, Ron Abitz wrote:
>One thing you should consider is that most if not all modern U.S.
tracks (at
>least M1, M2-3 {bradleys}, 113 and variants) have a fire suppress
system
>that is triggered by fire or explosion that contains halon, a gass that
>bonds with O2 makeing it unavalable to fuel the fire/explosion. Oh and
>unadvalable to the crew/passangers so it is a real go Idea to get out.

There are effective fire suppressants even now that aren't quite like
Halon but still accomplish the same effect. The basic effect of the
suppressant is to cool the combustion source below its flash
temperature and restrict oxygen flow at the same time.

Energen is an example of one that is Argon, CO2 and Nitrogen. The
increased content of CO2 increases respiration rate in humans.

For practical concepts, SG vehicles will likely have a fire
suppression system, but will likely not have the same issue to the
occupants.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	 \ Toronto, Gun down some squeegee kids, - NRA -
- www.rawa.org	  \  Then you can host the Olympics too!       -

Prev: RE: Astronomy Questions Next: Re: [SG] Ship building