Prev: RE: ADFC, Vector, SMs and Fighters... Next: Re: ADFC, Vector, SMs and Fighters...

Re: ADFC, Vector, SMs and Fighters...

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 21:43:10 +0100
Subject: Re: ADFC, Vector, SMs and Fighters...

>> Ryan is correct however about the other part of the issue.  We have
>a 30+
>> member group (15 of which are very active)
>
><green with envy>
>
>> tow Con with our events Ryan) someone told us we were using things
>wrong
>> since everything goes to 3 MU when playing Vector Movement.
>
>If "everything" means SMR and fighters, yes.  Not ADFC, or
>submunitions, or PTorps, etc, which all have 6mu in their
>descriptions.

Sorry guys, I think I've stirred this up by not reading Aimee's initial
question carefully enough before answering it  - in defence I would say
that I was trying to deal with rather a lot of stuff at the time.... :-/

I've also been a bit behind on reading the mass of emails this weekend,
so
didn't pick up on this thread until tonight.

Laserlight is correct in what he says above - the answer I SHOULD have
given is that if you're going to go to 3mu for SMs in vector (keeping in
mind that this is an option anyway, then anything else that relies on
pre-ship-movement counter or model placement for it's effect should also
go
to 3mu to keep it consistant. Thus Phalon PBs also go to 3mu, and
fighter
attack range should as well. All the things that do NOT rely on guessing
the enemy's positioning should remain at 6mu, such as ADFC radius,
Submunition pack range etc.

Hoping this makes more sense, and may clear up some of the arguments;
unfortunately, unlike FASA, WoTC etc, I don't have a staff on hand to
deal
with rules queries!!  ;-)

Jon (GZG)

Prev: RE: ADFC, Vector, SMs and Fighters... Next: Re: ADFC, Vector, SMs and Fighters...