Prev: Re: [SGish] APC question Next: Re: [SGish] APC question

Re: ADFC, Vector, SMs and Fighters...

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 03:36:34 -0400
Subject: Re: ADFC, Vector, SMs and Fighters...

At 11:35 PM -0400 8/11/01, kaime@mindspring.com wrote:
> Correction, many of the experienced players were present, four at
least.
>But I understand you can't make it to the store often so these faces
are not
>familiar to you.  Man it's been at least two or three months, you need
>show up and play some games with us :) .  Let it also be noted that as
of
>now there are many who want this decision.

Sorry, I was extrapolating from our earlier e-mails. I'm surprised
the 'senior' players didn't explain the basis and have done with it,
but then I know how some of the power players just can't listen...

>I hate to say that this issue is one of the two issues that has brought
this
>group to it's knees, but to be honest if we say, we go the other way
Ryan
>what will happen?  I know what will happen, the other side of the group
will
>do exactly what you and the others are doing and protest and fill the
local
>email list and threaten to quit and cause problems like what is
happening
>right now.  To keep order, we have to have an authority and that is to
play
>as 'by the book' as possible in the general games.

I certainly hope you don't think I'm trying to rock the boat. I want
to see this settled correctly though. I just fear a major change in
game balance if ADFC is reduced to 3".

>This does not even take into account when we go to Cons we want to use
the
>the rule correctly and at one of the last Cons (You didn't attend the
last
>tow Con with our events Ryan) someone told us we were using things
wrong
>since everything goes to 3 MU when playing Vector Movement.  A point
that
>Jon also agreed with in his reply to me.

Saying it should be so and explaining why are two different things.
As Beth and Laserlight both have stated whats the point of the range
reduction if you reduce redress the balancing force in the first
place. Just leave it at 6" to begin with. One should look at not just
what is said in the rules, but why as well.

>Tell me what should happen when there is no way to have all thirty
people
>argee?  FASA and Games Workshop have phone numbers and emails to help
people
>with this problem, you ask what is right or wrong or recommend
somethign and
>they tell you.  I did the same thing.	I'd rather have games than
fighting
>Ryan and you have not been in the games for months and seen the
fighting
>over such minor issues and the obstical is present to playing Full
Thrust.

If you mean the Non Stop Gaming weekend, I was there, but really
didn't have the mental strength to deal with some of the power
players talking about Star Trek Phase Conjugate Converters or the
wonders of the latest Centauri hair style. I ended up playing that
25mm WWII game. If you mean Warfair, well, I was in the other room
(as you know) playing and running Dirtside. Gladly I missed the
Cheese [most of it] that came running into the Dirtside room for a
rules clarification on jumping into combat....

--
- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com  I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -

Prev: Re: [SGish] APC question Next: Re: [SGish] APC question