Prev: RE: [SG?] Cammo Next: RE: [SG?] Cammo

Re: [DS] Detached HQ elements

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 19:37:54 +0200
Subject: Re: [DS] Detached HQ elements

> Well having a German mother I thought I knew something about
it.......)
> And silly isn't always a bad thing is it? As for politically correct
as
far
> as I know it isn't a law anywhere, that doesn't mean I feel I should
insult
> anyone at will but to not notice a trait or trade mark is also some
what
> dishonest. However if you felt I insulted you I am very sorry I
thought it
> and off hand complement.

Hi Don

No real offense taken.

It's just that first, I am naturally wary of any statement that
generalizes
about people.

And second, I occasionally run across sweeping statements about Germans
that
are far too stereotypical. Some of them (not yours) sound as if the
writer
has seen one too many Third Reich propaganda film. Plus, it wasn't my
best
day today, so I reacted somewhat harshly.

Yes, Germany has some pretty good engineers, and Germans can be proud of
it.
It's just that we are not a 'race of engineers'.

Stay silly !

:-)

Prev: RE: [SG?] Cammo Next: RE: [SG?] Cammo