Prev: Islamic Federation SDN Next: Re: [DS] Detached HQ elements

RE: [SG?] Cammo

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 09:55:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: [SG?] Cammo

--- Brian A Quirt <baqrt@mta.ca> wrote:
> On Aug 10, David Griffin <carbon_dragon@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>      It IS possible to store your heat temporarily
> (eventually you
> have to get rid of it, and the longer you wait, the
> more you have to
> get rid of). Unfortunately, storing heat can be
> quite difficult....

Ok, so we're talking about something which is
short duration. Suppose you have a good paint job
(or a hull which "paints" the universe on the
opposite side of the ship on the side near the
target) and this liquid nitrogen hull insulation
and suppose you only want it to cover your
approach to the target. Could come as a big
surprise when you arrive, couldn't it?

Of course you can resort to "magical" level tech
like Dr. Who's Tardis. Presumably the waste heat
generated by this device is in a different dimension.
Who knows what the Tardis looks like to sensors
when it doesn't want to be seen?

Prev: Islamic Federation SDN Next: Re: [DS] Detached HQ elements