Prev: Re: Okay, how does this work... Next: Re: FT-Movement, corkscrewing

FT-Movement, corkscrewing

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 13:05:13 +0100
Subject: FT-Movement, corkscrewing

I was just reading the skunkworks page, and some comments about the "do
we
realy need another weapon that makes a SD better at killing a DD", and
the
corkscrew maneuver, and reading HH, gives me a idea. How about a
maneuver
that allows a smaller ship to spin on it`s axis, and fire weapons on a
target in it side arc even with both side arc weapons (if the target is
in
the port fore arc, and the ship had a weapon in it`s port fore arc, and
starboard fore arc, if it was spinning, it counld fire both weapons at
the
target). For PSB, we could say that only smaller ships can do this due
the lower mass to spin in the first place.

This is a rough idea that I wouldn`t use, but I thought I`d put it
foreward
to see what people thought?

Prev: Re: Okay, how does this work... Next: Re: FT-Movement, corkscrewing