Prev: Re: Movies) Next: Re: B-17's in space next, I suppose...

Re: Okay, how does this work...

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 13:24:21 EDT
Subject: Re: Okay, how does this work...

On Sat, 4 Aug 2001 03:41:50 -0700 (PDT) Nick Dingle
<nick_dingle@yahoo.com> writes:
>>Does this mean I need to buy some new sand paper and
>a mask (lead and
>>lungs - not compatible)?
>
>Dare I ask how uncompatible?  I drilled out a hole in
>the bottom of a Foch SDN yesterday to take a brass
>pole stand, and when I finished realised I'd forgotten
>to put my mask on . . . been a bit worried ever since.
>
>Sorry if this is posted more than once, I am having a
>little trouble with Netscape at the moment.
>
>Nick Dingle

Okay, I'm mot an MD or DO but had 15 years nursing so here goes.

Drilling is not a problem (although I hope you swept up if you have pets
or small kids) but I know we are all neat so that's not a problem...
Animals and small children will ingest the lead if they see it and a lot
over time would be of concern.	As noted by others, sanding much more
risky but again an occasional exposure won't hurt except that you'll
feel
a need to run for congress or parliament... It's the idea of many small
exposures that would be a problem for most of us.  I'd say airbrushing
would expose you (assuming you did not take recommended
protection/precautions) to more nasty stuff then the occasional sanding
or drilling.

I am assuming you don't do sanding/drilling lead every day of course....
<grin>

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: Movies) Next: Re: B-17's in space next, I suppose...