Prev: Re: [SG] Ship building Next: RE: Movies)

Re: [SG] Ship building

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 17:31:34 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG] Ship building

At 4:56 PM -0400 8/3/01, Laserlight wrote:

>Well, if you're *making* them, and I'm only *thinking*, you have me
>out-cooled.  Given my modeling skills--or lack thereof--you may well
>still have me out-cooled after I've built it...

There's not that much to them really. Just a bit of EPS that is tall
enough to act as the ground between the bottom of the position and
the chest'ish height of the figure. I used the basic US infantry
fighting position as a basis for the terrain. I even included
overhead cover, cubby holes at the bottom for gear and such. The
overhead cover bridges the sides of the trench and is made of a
couple of logs (sticks) and some plas-steel sheeting (cardboard)
covered by polymer stabilized earth (brown flock glued with flock
adhesive).

>Lots of dead and wounded spaces, yes, that's the plan.

Getting fancy would include a boat bay with a ships boat (pinnance?)
in the bay.

As far as all sorts of plumbing and such, use what ever really looks
good. Though given its a futuristic ship and not a piece of crap from
the Imperium, I expect that the interior would be rather neat and
organized. Cabinets and access panels would be the norm rather than
exposed pipes and conduits. Regularlay placed Damage control gear
would be likely though. Mostly Fire fighting gear, cables and tanks
of spray foam for sealing pressure gaps.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	Toronto, Gun down some squeegee kids,	 - NRA -
-		 Then you can host the Olympics too!	       -

Prev: Re: [SG] Ship building Next: RE: Movies)