Prev: Re: Ship Creator Next: Re: [Paint]

Re: [FT] WotW #11 Stealth Systems - review

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 18:20:06 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] WotW #11 Stealth Systems - review

In message
<6B3C0EEAB4FED3119F5F009027DC5E9E01D7335D@spacemsg3.jhuapl.edu>
	  "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@jhuapl.edu> wrote:

> > Level of Stealth	Effective Range Multiplier	Fighter/Missile
> Lock-On
> > 1			x1.33				4.5 mu
> > 2			x1.5				4 mu
> > 3			x2				3 mu
>
> THis makes thestep between stealth 2 and 3 larger than the step
between 1
> and 2. A range multiplier of x2 should be the equivalent of stealth
"5".
> (step 1-2 = 13% improvement , step 2-3 = 33% improvement).
>
> Noam

Maybe, I've been think that perhaps the MASS of level 3 stealth should
be increased to 20%-25% or so? - or drop it, and have the Blind Field
and Mimbari Jammers using Level 2 Stealth mechanics.

A completely alternate way of handling stealth would be to extend the
Holofield mechanic thus:

Level 1 Stealth = Holofield
Level 2 Stealth = Level-2 screen vs. all beam dice weapons, -2 to hit
for K-guns, Pulse Torpedoes, & Pods, etc.
No level 3

Which is a system that has already been discussed on the list :-)

Charles

Prev: Re: Ship Creator Next: Re: [Paint]