Prev: Re: [FT] I have more ships Next: Re: Movies)

Re: Movies)

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 17:27:32 +1000
Subject: Re: Movies)

G'day Glenn,

 >Would predators (assume the KV are
 >predators for now) tend then to make
 >them *not* stay still so as to flush prey?

Some of the most effective (and deadly/lethal) predators on Earth are
what
they call ambush predators... they just sit and wait for their prey to
wander past.

 >And if they were the prey could their
 >aggressive behavior be a defense
 >mechanism (preemptive defense?)
 >versus now extinct predators?

This is the view I prefer, predators, but not the top of the pile.
However,
even if they were top of the pile there's actually no such thing as
"having
no natural enemies". Besides the "we all get sick" problems, packs etc
can
overwhelm single large predators and large predators all have to go
through
a small or "weaker" stage. For instance even Great White Sharks have a
pecking order and if you over step yourself you could be in big trouble.

Cheers

Prev: Re: [FT] I have more ships Next: Re: Movies)