Prev: Re: Modelling Scales Next: Re: Modelling Scales

[SG] Religious Wars Re: Modelling Scales

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:54:12 -0500
Subject: [SG] Religious Wars Re: Modelling Scales

***
We've talked endlessly about this many times before...	there's probably
lots in the list archives about it.
***

Certainly true! Also, numerous posts to rec.games...

***
FWIW, my rules of thumb are:
15mm figs with 1/87 or 1/100 vehicles.
20mm figs with 1/72 or 1/76 vehicles.
"True" 25mm figs (eg: our stuff) with 1/60 vehicles
"Big" (GW) 25/28mm figures with 1/48 vehicles.
However, it's all SF, so you can be flexible - use whatever looks good!
***

Good guidelines, but most of the arguments seem to center on sculpting,
not
scale. I've some 1/48 plane crew from a B-25 kit that are almost half
again
as tall as a GW IG fig, but any hatch that would be snug for the crew,
the
IG soldier would not pass. His shoulders would just be TOO big to fit.

***
>Really what I want to know is how compatible are 1/72 vehicles with
25mm
>(say Stargrunt) figures

They'll look a bit small.
***

Well, during a rec... thread, I pointed out that I thought most APC's
were
a lot smaller than folks think, and had several professional passengers
agree that they were plenty crowded. ;->=

Also, I have it on good authority that AFV's look MUCH bigger bearing
down
on you than viewed from 'on high'.

HUGE YMMV here. Hope the referred-to web sites and archives can put this
one to rest for awhile.

***
I still question how an AI is going to get out of the tank and help
you fix that thrown track or torn skirt.
***

Of course, it's going to replicate the damaged part, and teleport it
into
place!

...diving for the inadequately anti-flame reinforced bunker.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad

Prev: Re: Modelling Scales Next: Re: Modelling Scales